Sunday, February 8, 2015

weekend recap

i seriously need a lot more weekend and a lot less week. fo realz. here it is, sunday afternoon, and the whole realization that tomorrow begins a new workweek (where I have to get up at o'dark thirty. blah!) is taunting me.

if weekends began on Thursdays, that would be FABULOUS! Wednesdays would be even better, but, ya know, I'd take Thursdays as the beginning of my weekend. this past Thursday found the boy child completing one of his chores after school and then him and I scouring barnes and noble for his school birthday book (for their birth month, students are invited to donate a book to the library and have a dedication sticker placed in it). he was so excited about choosing a book..."even though it's my birthday, I am going to give my library a gift so that everyone can discover the love of reading!"





Friday after school, rhys and I went to look at a pal's prospective new abode. from there, we met c and the girls for dinner, then went to the hockey game. I don't understand a lick of hockey, but, for some reason, I really enjoy them... and so do the kids! tonight's hockey game introduced them to dippin' dots and icees, courtesy of pepaw! hmmm, no wonder they love them!








 
 
Saturday was ski school and grocery shopping day.
 


 
 
and that brings us to today... I went grocery shopping (again), while c and the kidlets snowblowed and snowmanned up the yard.
 











 
 
some folks don't appreciate the plethora of snow that we have... our motto is, when mother nature gives ya snow, make snow ice cream!
 




 
 
I keep telling myself... 4 more months... 4 more months until summer vacation! 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment