Tuesday, February 3, 2015

compulsive much?

we all have our own quirks... our own little idiosyncrasies that may drive those around us crazy. I am not immune to this. there are two compulsions that I possess that I am loopy about. I choose to speak out about them now because I found myself sweeping through the house simultaneously tending to both of my hang-ups.

tonight is garbage night. well, technically, our trash is picked up tomorrow morning, but everyone usually puts their trash to the curb on Tuesday nights. because of this, every single piece of garbage must be disposed of tonight. I go through all of the bathrooms (unrolling toilet paper so that i can throw away the tube), the refrigerator and freezer (bagging and freezing spinach so i can dispose of the tub, pouring milk from the carton to nondisposable containers), laundry area, etc., to rid our abode of any and all pieces of garbage. if a kid opens a granola bar or eats a banana on Wednesday morning before the garbage truck comes, you better believe that I am running that stuff out to the can to be disposed of that day. c thinks it's ridiculous, but not as much as my second compulsion...

the dishwasher. when I run the dishwasher, I make sure that every single dirty dish in the house is in that thing... and heaven help the soul who dirties a glass after I press the start button... especially if it is immediately after I start the dishwasher cycle. it. drives. me. mad! if I see that someone is using a glass or spoon or whathaveyou, I will hold off on running the dishwasher until they are done. and I have no shame in doing so.

so tonight is the night. tonight is my sweep of the house for dirty dishes and trash. tonight is the night that c rolls her eyes at me and yells at me for putting my (she thinks hers) Nalgene bottle in the dishwasher. tonight. is. the. night.

No comments:

Post a Comment