rhys is a packer. he takes his lunch to school. most of the time. the other times, you can find him, $2.15 in tow, in the pizza line at school. he gets the same thing every single time that he buys: pizza, milk, fruit slush. he never deviates from his beloved pizza lunch.
up until about two weeks ago, when he bought, we sent him with money. sometimes c would send $10.00 or so, to be added to his account, and then we would mentally figure out when he needed more money. we were always pretty diligent about making sure that we were in the black with the cafeteria. and then it happened. we got a note from the cafeteria alerting us that we were 20 cents in the red. uh oh. apparently our mentally keeping track was a bit off. so, I bit the bullet and signed up for an online lunch account. why I ever waited is beyond me... I can look up to see how much he has in his account, add funds when it gets low, and I get to view his menu choices... although I already know what the kid always gets. and, I found out that we weren't totally off the mark... one day he swayed a bit and bought a... cookie. that took him over his limit.
anywho, today he bought his lunch. of course, I asked him what he got, and he responded with the usual pizza fare. I decided that I had to have the talk with him... I asked him what vegetable he chose, and he informed me that he got a fruit instead... so, I told him that he wasn't allowed to buy anymore until he promises to get a vegetable with his lunch. and then it came out... apparently he enjoys this whole credit thing a little too much, because he let it slip that when he was in the breakfast line today (?!?! he had pannycakes at home for breakfast ?!?!) they only had fruit.
looks like I'm going to have to have another talk with the boy...
No comments:
Post a Comment