Tuesday, February 24, 2015

sixth birthday happenings...

rhys snuck into our room this morning... "hey, mama? did you happen to forget to wish me a very happy birthday?" doesn't he know that i could never forget to do that? doesn't he know that he is on our minds and in our hearts every moment of every day? doesn't he know that by just him being him he makes us want to be better people?  doesn't he know that he lights up this world in unbelievable ways?
"happy birthday, mr. six year old" i tell him... "c'mon, mama! it's time to take my six year old picture now!"

 
 
for the past week, we have been having quite a cold snap... with wind chills colder than -20... so, my school has been cancelled since last Thursday. rhys' school, however, has been operating on a two-hour delay, so we have been lazily spending our mornings together. he obviously enjoys it, as well... yesterday, when I drove him to his bus stop, he asked, "why are we stopping, mama?" I told him that I was going to have him wait in the car until his bus came, and he responded with, "no, mama... i want you to drive me to school." so drive him I did.
 
we have been looking forward to today for quite awhile... he has been making grand plans, and I have been squashing them like bugs... dreamcrusher that I am... when we found out that my school was cancelled again today, c and I decided to take the birthday boy out for breakfast... so, this morning, she ran the girls to daycare, and rhys and I ran up to the restaurant of his choice and began breakfasting. afterwards, c went to work, and rhys and I ran over to get his birthday cookie cake, only to be sidetracked by an air hockey table and a foosball table (these were not in the birthday plans, but they quickly became birthday presents...) after our quick shopping trip, we ran to the mall to wait for build-a-bear to open... he has been talking non-stop about building a dragon, and, today he got his wish... he. was. so. happy.
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
we also let him choose where he would like to have dinner. other kids would have chose some fun playland-eque place to dine... but our kid? he chose the hoss... ya know... because he's 60 instead of 6.
 

after dinner, we came home to sing happy birthday and celebrate rhys while he blew out his candle... however, we are fabulous parents, who forgot candles... thankfully, for some unknown reason, we saved one of the girls' "4" candles, and c wrote the number 6 on the back of it. classy. since we were all stuffed from dinner, we didn't partake in the cookie cake tonight. he then opened his gifts, and we spent the rest of his birthday evening doing magic tricks with pepaw, and tucking littles into bed.
 
 











 
 six. where has the time gone?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment