but today was a new day, people... today was the soup challenge. I didn't even need to think about my soup entry... I made my tortellini sausage soup, complete with sage sausage from my pig. going in I was a bit nervous. there was going to be loaded potato and broccoli cheese entries. who doesn't love potato or broccoli cheese soup?! but I forged on and proudly presented my pot of perfection.
c's family is no joke. they go all out when it comes to get togethers. the proof can be found in bread bowls, finger sandwiches, veggie trays, cheeses and chocolate fondue fountains, complete with every fruit, pastry and sweet imaginable to dip. c's aunt also had a 'guess how many red velvet m&m's are in the jar' contest... and c won! they love themselves a good time, and they love each other even more.
the next challenge has yet to be decided upon... some good ideas were tossed around tonight... i can't wait for the next installment of the bowen family cookoff... I am, however, bound and determined to keep my champion trophy nice and comfy in our home for quite awhile!

Jelly meatballs are the bomb!!!!! Good thing you rebounded :) That spread looks sooooooo yummy, mmmmmm soup!
ReplyDelete