Monday, February 23, 2015

sweet boy

tomorrow our boy turns six.

tonight he performed for his school's read-a-thon kickoff. on the way to the bookstore, the following conversation took place:

r: hey, mama? tonight is my school's talent show and the chicken soup with rice performance.
me: no, bub... tonight is just chicken soup with rice.
r: oh yeah... when do I get to sing and dance to 'brave' for the talent show?
me: ... uh, bub? I have to talk to you about that... you see, mommy and I had to make a decision... we had to choose between chicken soup with rice and brave... and, well, we chose chicken soup with rice.
r: ... I get it, mama. it's like when we go to florida. you are probably going to tell me and sissies that we have to choose only one toy to take. I might want to take my dragon and my transformer, but I will have to choose just one. now, sissies, on the other hand, they will probably throw a fit... but I get it.

how. did. we. get. so. lucky?!?

he's in the back, in an orange sweater...
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205118821509051&l=7536812887786738234

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, the age of reasoning and rationale. A sweet boy with smarts to boot!

    Happy birthday little guy!

    ReplyDelete