Monday, March 9, 2009

losing height, gaining weight



today was rhys' first well baby dr. visit. it couldn't have come at a better time, because c and i have both noticed that he has sort of a "rasp" in his cry and he has been spitting up alot today. the dr. said that perhaps we could try burping him more because all seemed fine with him. check!




at birth, he weighed 7lbs 13oz, and measured 21.5" long. today, he weighed in at 8lbs 6oz, and measured 19.5" long. because of his head size at birth, our midwives told us not to be too surprised if he was 'shorter' at his first dr. visit- but 2 inches shorter? i'm not so sure that he was measured correctly... but he is gaining weight nicely, so we are happy :-)


on a sidebar, the beginning of the mispronounciation of his name has begun. the receptionist called him, "rice." the nurse called him "rhine." and the dr. called him "ri-es." he didn't seem to mind, though ;-)

3 comments:

  1. It's pronounced "Reese" right?

    Or am I wrong, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan and Dillon both "grew" shorter (and they were c-sec babies). I was told that the hospital measures from head to tippy toe and the doctors office measures from head to heel. Of course at Logan's last appointment the "nurse" measured him on the diagonal, so he gained many many inches. This was also the girl who couldn't figure out how to weigh Dillon during a meltdown (he wouldn't stand on the scale...scared. So I stood with him, then I stood alone...just subtract my weight from both of ours and you get his...she told me this wouldn't be accurate. I don't think she could do the math.)

    Congrats on the good weight gain. He is well on his way to becoming a chub-a-lub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, yes, it is pronounced "reese." we love calling him our "little peanut butter cup."

    ReplyDelete