I don't know what I was thinking when I didn't let rhys wish that everyday would be Christmas... because I don't want today to end! it has been one fantastically holly jolly day!
yesterday was a bit of a rush... the trio woke up to a note from twizzler, and missing stockings, because of their naughty behavior... after they fulfilled their duties, rhys and I went out last minute shopping. after naptime, we gathered the troops together, went to pick up some holiday snickity snacks, and then picked up dinner and went trolling for lights. this is seriously one of our favorite traditions- lucky louie's dogs and Christmas lights- perfect!
 |
| booty call dog! |
 |
| blt dog! |
when we got home, the kids got in their Christmas jammies, wrote their letters to santa, said goodbye to twizzler the elf, left milk and cookies out for santa, and jumped into bed and covered up their heads. I was expecting the girls to sneak out a few times, but they stayed in their beds all night long... which made santa's job quite easy!
 |
| not sure if santa is going to visit these naughty elves! |
shortly after santa left, c and I went to bed... I fully expected her to not be able to sleep and me to be sawing logs quickly. the opposite happened, which, in turn, made for the early morning happening so much earlier than anticipated. shortly before 7 this morning, c and I were lying in bed, awaiting the arrival of pepaw, and the pitter-patter of excited little who-feet. who knew that we would be awake before the kidlets?!?!
we must have all been pretty good this year because santa was very good to us!
 |
| my stocking loot! |
 |
| flannel and tie dye- how GAY! |
 |
| c's loot! |
 |
| new bangles! |
after opening gifts, we feasted on sausage roll and orange juice, and then played until it was time to leave for grammy's.
 |
| ho! ho! ho! |
at grammy's house, we visited with family, opened more gifts, and lunched on ham and all the fixin's...
 |
| my very talented brother made this for us- look closely- our initials are woven into the branches |
 |
| another beautiful gift from my brother... I love it! |
after grammy's, we came home, unloaded the car, put stuff away, and took a bit of a nippy-nap. we then had a fantabulous lasagna dinner, and are now relaxing and playing with all of our treasures.
it certainly was a perfect day... even if we didn't have any snow!
we hope that everyone was as blessed as we were today... now I must prepare to defeat c's family at their holiday gathering on sunday... I must brilliantly create a delectable cookie and a mouth-watering appetizer, in order to defend my title! I shall prevail!!!!
|
|
Ok, the stockings are ADORABLE! I love love LOVE the family tree gift. I must make those sausage rolls sometime. So great seeing happy smiling kiddo faces on Christmas morning, that is the best!
ReplyDelete