Friday the girls turned five. 5. FIVE. the idea of it all still boggles my mind... I mean, I look at them, and I still see sweet beebees. but alas, the calendar tells us that they are, indeed, five years old.
because we knew that this weekend was going to be cray, I took c out for her birthday dinner on Thursday evening. after dinner, we took a romantical stroll through the aisles of lowe's to pick out a new washer and dryer, because our washer went kaput... and, in a household of 5 folks and 2 fur folks, nay a washer in the house is not delightful. after debating upon whether we had an electric or gas dryer, we settled on electric, and then went stocking stuffer shopping.
 |
| creamy potato soup |
 |
| salad and roll |
 |
| pesto seafood cappellini |
 |
| prosciutto wrapped scallops atop a bed of tricolor tortellini with a tomato cream sauce |
when we got home, we went to double check the hook ups, and, of course, the dryer was gas (we actually have hook ups for both, but I think that for some reason we do prefer gas)... because the washer was being delivered the following day, I woke up at o'dark thirty on Friday to call and cancel the electric dryer and order the gas dryer. I gave c my driver's license before I left for work, just in case she had to go sign for it.
c took Friday off to celebrate with the five year olds. she took them out for their favorite breakfast- doughnuts, and then they all took treats and a basket of gifties to the nicu, where the girls spent their first 92 days of life growing healthy and strong enough to come home to us. afterwards, they rushed to lowe's to sign for the gas dryer, and then c took the girls for their first mani/pedi's.
 |
| birthday morning! |
 |
| visiting the nicu! |
Friday evening, we had cake and ice cream, and the girls opened their gifts from us. then, on Saturday morning, c took the girls to their last soccer game, while I took the boy to test for his next belt in karate (he passed). we then, went to jumping jungle for the girls' big birthday party. they had a blast.
 |
| notice lu blowing out her candles... |
 |
| notice lu losing her stuff because she thought that q blew her candles out |
Saturday was also c's birthday. she got to spend her day in a muggy jump house place... but she loved every minute of it. when we got home, we ate dinner, and then we sang happy birthday to c and had ice cream cake and she opened her presents.
 |
| ice cream cake!!! |
 |
| boots, a sweater, a blouse, a cd, and a check |
sunday brought us the girls' final birthday party at my mom's. we had pizza, subs, cupcakes, and ice cream. while I had the kids, c stayed home and began her marathon baking session. after dinner, rhys decided that he wanted to bake a trial batch of cookies that he wants to enter in c's family's annual contest... this year's entries include an appetizer and a cookie... so, he baked his first batch of cookies... and they are surprisingly yummy!
 |
| c's craziness! |
I already can't wait until next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment