Friday, January 29, 2016

headin' to the big house!

there is no greater feeling than heading out of school, at 3:00 on a friday afternoon... well, unless you count heading out of school, about to embark upon holiday or summer break... but I speak not of that right now, because they seem so far away. so far, far away.

but I digress...

as I skippity-doo-dah'd out of school, and headed off to pick up the boy child from the bus stop, all was right in my world. we chit-chatted about school, and he told me about losing another tooth today, as he bit into a french fry... "it bled a little, mama... but don't worry, it wasn't 9-1-1 bleeding, or hospital bleeding... it was just a touch of the blood bleeding..."



but I digress again...

we pulled into the driveway, and, as we headed inside, I grabbed the mail. when we got inside, I plopped everything onto the island, and took a closer gander at the mail... there was an envelope, addressed to the parents of lyncoln, from a law firm. sweet mother of pearl, what did the child do that warranted a letter from an attorney? my mind for real went there... I mean, I know my kid. I know her shenanigans. and I know that she isn't quite a law abiding citizen. so, I open it, read it, and wondered, "what the heck?!"

the letter was in reference to when lu broke her arm in august, and we were strongly encouraged to "contact the law firm immediately to resolve the issue and avoid further inquiries." I texted c a picture of the letter, and she had the same response as me... well, the "what the heck" part, not the "what did lu do part".

c called the attorney, and, it turns out, they represented lu's insurance, and wanted to prosecute the perpetrator. the 'perp', in this case, is quinn... so, yeah, they wanted to prosecute quinn. when c explained that quinn is her 5 year-old twin sister (4 at the time of the arm breakage), the attorney was not amused.

all I've gotta say is, is it summer break yet?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Is it strange that I want you to put that letter in Quinn's baby book?!? Hey, do you remember my first brush with the law? Yea, let that be a warning to you others! Lol! Awesome control of the tooth losing, buddy!

    ReplyDelete