Tuesday, December 1, 2015

december

december is finally here. if you know anything at all about me, you know that I love me some december. even though it is a crazy busy month, I just adore everything about it. driving around our neighborhood, and, well, the whole city, there is an energy. folks are deckin' the halls, and romolo's is serving chocolate egg nog. for a few brief moments in time, all is right in the world.


on my last day of thanksgiving break, which, ironically was c's last day of the festival of the trees (she literally worked my entire break :( ), I began trying to tidy up the kitchen a bit and figure out the best way to display our growing collection of platters. I ended up using display easels, and I am quite pleased how they are working out (I only bought 3, in case I didn't enjoy them... now I need to buy a bunch more!). I had also forgotten that c had unloaded some stuff from festival, and, when I came inside the house, I was greeted, and startled, by santa himself!





last night c and I thought that it would be a fabulous idea to chug wine whilst wrapping the kids' Christmas gifts. once upon a time, my gift wrapping could have won awards... my ribbons and papers and package ornaments coordinated flawlessly. and now? well... now, if I underestimate how much paper I needed to wrap a gift, instead of recutting, I just patchwork pieces together... sometimes I use the same paper, sometimes a different paper. yes, people, it has gotten that bad... and wine? well, wine made me think that my wrapping wasn't all that bad.




when the wine ran out, we decided that our wrapping was done for the evening and figured that we had better get twizzler the elf into position. while c set the little fella up, I ran the trash out to the bins to hide any evidence that there are disney princess dolls and air hog smash bots in the house.




now... i just need to get through the next 3-ish weeks, and then I shall be on glorious winter break. i think I can, I think I can...







No comments:

Post a Comment