Saturday, December 5, 2015

piercin'

round about a year or so ago, the girls wanted to get their ears pierced. I was on the fence, but c was all gung ho... she was so for the idea that she did what we always do when the kids are about to do/embark upon something new- she showed them a youtube video. wrong decision. that cemented the deal that the girl childrens would never want to get their ears pierced. and then last night happened...


a little backstory first...


c and I had two wedding ceremonies... in Canada, we got simple matching bands that had 3 tiny diamonds in them. that is the band that I wear. c wears our pa ceremony rings- engagement ring and wedding band. well... somehow, one of my diamonds fell out and I didn't notice it until the other day ago. so, now I'm going to wear my pa set (apparently c was going to surprise me by getting a replacement diamond put into the band that I wear, but it may have been a long shot...) so, while we were at the mall lastnight, the piercing place was right next door to the jewelry store...


the girls hemmed and hawed over whether or not they were going to go through with it, and they finally decided that it was a go. c and I came up with a plan: I would take quinn and rhys for a walk while she stayed with lyncoln while she got her ears pierced. we knew that lync would probably be the bravest of the two, but, in case she screamed/cried/threw up, we knew that quinn would turn and run. thank goodness a video game store was next door, so I played an "I spy" game with rhys and quinn, while I watched lyncoln from the side of the window. I wasn't the only one watching- apparently little kids getting their ears pierced is funny business... folks came and peered through the window at her. while the girls lined up the dots where the earrings would go, lu was all smiles. and then it happened. a double whammy, then a blood curdling scream, and then tears. for a minute... after they gave her a lollipop, she still had tears in her eyes, but she stopped crying. everyone laughed at my poor lu.





and then it was quinn's turn.


quinn got settled in the chair with the bear, and was all smiles... even when lyncoln sing-songed, "you're gonna cryyyyy!!!" because we were both there, I got some pathetic shots of quinn. once again, there was an audience, and, after the initial shock, lyncoln broke the ice with, "I told ya you were gonna cry!"











after the great ear piercing episode, we rushed to rhys' school for an evening with the elves. the kids had hot cocoa and cookies, played games, and whispered sweet nothings to santa and mrs. claus. afterwards we drove around and looked at Christmas lights.






when we got home and got the trio into bed, I wrapped gifts while we watched 'elf'.' it was a perfect night!

the Christmas spirit rolled into this evening... c went shopping for her first round of baking delights and the kids had a holiday craft night.








tonight st. nick comes and tomorrow we are going to create our 2015 Christmas platter! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment