Sunday, May 24, 2015

getting closer...

summer is so close that I can almost taste it. now granted, I despise the hot and humid weather, but boy do I love having summers off! it's an almost even trade, I guess.

yesterday, we packed up the Volvo and shuffled off to panama rocks. I really dig that place, and this year all three kids seemed to really get into it too! even quinnie proved to be more adventurous than usual! they nicknamed themselves: rhys: the pirate, quinn: the cowboy, and lyncoln: mountain goat. we got season passes, so rhys and I will probably take a few day trips there this summer while c is at work and the girls are in pre-k.






























 
 
during our hike, we pseudo-participated in a scavenger hunt. if we found the clues, great, if we didn't find them, great as well. after traversing through the wilderness, we handed in our answers and the kids received a genuine panama pete wooden nickel. i don't really think that they cared- they were just hungry! so we set out our picnic lunch and enjoyed each other's company. rhys had another loose tooth that was hanging on by a thread. he ate his sandwich, veggie squeezee, cheese stick, and a cookie, and i was surprised that it didn't fall out... right before we got back into the car, he took a drink of water, then mumbled, "my tooth came out!" c and I looked at him, then at each other, then him again... did he say what we thought he said? was he kidding? did he swallow it? so, I had him open his mouth, and, sure enough, his tooth was gone. I had him spit it out into my hand, and we had a little celebration in anticipation of the tooth fairy visiting again tonight.
 
 






 
when we got home, c decided that it would be a good idea to plant our garden and do some outside-ish chores. I think that my dainty hands are too pretty to do manual labor, so I made dinner. what was supposed to be turkey burgers and turkey dogs on the grill somehow ended up being a grilled chicken, blue cheese and avocado salad.
 


 
i think that I shall declare today to be our picnic day... I went out and got jumbo wild caught chrimps, buns, corn-on-the-cob, and hot dogs... paired with turkey burgers, watermelon and strawberry shortcake, a feast shall be had! 



No comments:

Post a Comment