Sunday, January 18, 2009

slingin' it

tonight we decided to educate ourselves on the wonders that are the sling and baby carrier. we intently watched the dvd's and took turns practicing the crisscrossing and buckling and hornswaggling... i probably should have ran out to get the doll out of the car to practice with, but it was just too cold out. i think i like the wrap better, while c may be sold on the red castle baby carrier. we shall see how we feel when bamboozle is nestled in them...


tomorrow we have a date with bamboozle via the midwife and the sonographer. i love sonogram days, and since c is considered "high risk" because of her asthma (i think she uses her inhaler like once a month, if that), we get more chances to take a peek at bamboozle. i can't wait!!! unfortunately, before we get to see him, i have a dental appointment earlier in the morning. sigh... it would have been wonderful to be able to sleep in on a monday off... que sera sera :-)


3 comments:

  1. I love my wrap, and so does Peeper. It seems really complicated at first, but once I got the hang of putting it on and getting her in, we're sold. I get tons of compliments on it when we're out in public, too.

    I also have a ringsling that I'm trying to learn. So far, I just piss her off everytime I try to put her in. I'd like to get better with it though, because I hear that it's really easy to nurse in - and she nurses a LOT these days.

    There are a couple of photos on my blog of her in the wrap, including one from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried and tried and tried to use a ring sling and could never get the hang of it. I have a Moby Wrap ( http://www.mobywrap.com/ ) though and LOVE it! The babes always seem so happy snuggled up against me. Jon uses a Baby Bjorn and really likes that (I think it's okay). We also have an Ergobaby ( http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/ )for the bigger child which is really nice. Of course my children are giant and I get very tired toting my 30+ pound two year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments! the wrap certainly is comfy (well, at least without a baby), however, i must admit that the whole left leg, right leg, crisscross, do the hokey-pokey and turn the kid about thing seems like it may be a bit tricky with an infant. we got the red castle carrier, and although it is very comfortable, there are so many straps and buckles and it is so confusing! well we have a few more weeks to practice, so we shall see how it all goes :-)btw, your babies are so BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete