Friday, July 1, 2016

time keeps on slippin'...

today was the girls' last day of pre-k. for four and a half years, they have tortured other souls. for seven years, st. v's has been an extension of our family. there is no trust that parallels the trust that you have to have for others who care for your children. the staff at st. v's went above and beyond caring for our trio... when the girls started there, they were on monitors, and there was an emergency o2 tank that had to be carted around. they never batted an eye- they were immediately on the floor, learning everything they needed to learn about how to care for lu and q.


every year, every single staff person weaseled their way into our hearts. the kids would talk about them in the evenings and on the weekends. bonds of love and trust were formed. we all fell in love with the staff at st. v's. it was easy to do.

today, they walked out of their beloved school for the very last time. On her way home from work, c called me, crying... "talk me out of my tree" she begged.
Me: what's wrong?
C: that was the last time that I'll pick them up from daycare. We don't have babies anymore.
Me: well. The way I see it is that I should be the one crying because starting next week, it's me vs. three.
C: oh yeah! You're right!...
Me: now I'm crying and depressed. .. can you just pick up dinner? 🍕





last day as preschoolers!

there is no way to adequately thank their caregivers. they are true blessings, and we are forever grateful for all of their talents and love that they bestowed upon our trio.

on a lighter note... when c came home, she immediately tossed their lunchboxes into the garbage can... the same lunchboxes that housed their nutritious and delicious lunches for four and a half years... from green eggs and ham to crispy cheddar chicken to butterfly shaped pb&j... she just threw them away! but no worries- kindergarten is around the corner, so mama was prepared!




1 comment:

  1. Good morning!

    I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tessa Stefanello, I am a casting associate with Magilla Entertainment, a television production company based in NYC that specializes in non-scripted programming. We have worked with many of the major cable networks including TLC, Discovery Networks and HGTV.

    I am reaching out to you because we are currently casting a TLC docu-series about first time expectant parents. This series follows parents and families from the last month of pregnancy up until the baby's first birthday, capturing all of the joys and challenges of having a baby. We are very interested in sharing the story of an LGBTQ couple as they go through their pregnancy experience and plan to welcome their first born into the world. I was hoping you would be willing to share our casting call with anybody you deem appropriate.

    I am happy to answer any questions you may have directly. I can be reached at tstefanello@magilla.tv. I hope to hear back!

    Thank you,
    TS

    ReplyDelete