Thursday, June 30, 2016

lyncoln the snake

lyncoln is a sly little stinky, sweet-loving snake. the kid would rather cut off her own arm than eat a fruit or vegetable (although she is getting better)... but when it comes to sweets- any sweets- the kid is a vacuum. she goes ga-ga over cake... she swoons over ice cream... she sings the song of the doughnut... and she would bathe in chocolate if we'd let her.

she is also sneaky. usually Quinn is a part of her shenanigans (the time when they snuck the two containers of freshly made muffins into Quinn's closet, and commenced a muffin buffet... and, when they were caught, they left one of the containers in the closet, underneath clothes, for later....... or, the time when they waited until c and I were sleeping before they took their giant reese's cups from their easter baskets, and ate them in their beds in the wee hours of morning....... or the time when they swiped a bunch of homemade chocolate chip cookies and hid them under their pillows so that they would have a midnight snack). then there are the times when lyncoln goes rogue and acts on her own... like when c made homemade chocolate doughnuts and frosting, only to find lyncoln in our bed with said doughnuts and frosting, having a solo feast. and tonight...

after dinner, we ran to sam's club to get the staff at the girls' daycare a treat as a thank you for putting up with their antics for five years. when we got home, we all jumped in the pool. after a bit, lyncoln announced that she wanted to get out- which was fine. the rule is, that if they get out of the pool, they have to stay where we can see them- either on the swings, in the fort, on the trampoline, or in the grass area. well, lu was taking awhile to change out of her bathing suit, and, since she cannot be trusted with 3 dozen cupcakes and 3 dozen cookies in the kitchen, I got out, only to find her on the patio. I felt badly for not trusting her... but her history is a testament to the fact that she cannot resist sweet confections.

after a few more minutes, everyone was out of the pool, getting ready to settle in for the night. I had rhys and Quinn in the living room. it occurred to me that lu still hadn't joined us, so Quinn went to ask c if she knew where lyncoln was. she didn't. the following is an excerpt from c's facebook:

I was lying on our bed replying to work emails when I heard quinn searching for lyncoln. I was in the bed for about 10 minutes. Then I saw a little leg and heard a gruff voice "guess I found the marshmallows." The kid not only consumed marshmallows but an entire Hershey bar Complete with melty hands. IN MY BED. And then i went to do laundry... apparently she's a repeat offender. I found a Hershey wrapper at the bottom of the laundry shoot.

this, people, is why we have to hoard the sweets in the microwave... because the child cannot be trusted around sweets... she just can't help herself... and now, there shall be no mo s'mores up in here.


No comments:

Post a Comment