while driving to pick blueberries, c asked me if I would like to sleep in on my birthday. i'm not sure what kind of question that was, because, duh! yeah, i'd like to sleep in on my birthday- and every other day, too! it turns out, she took my birthday off, so that we could spend the day together.
now, I don't know what c's definition of sleeping in is, but, round about 8 a.m., she came into the bedroom, locked the door, and crawled into bed to wake me up....... the next thing I knew, quinnie was knocking at the door... "hey! mama? what awe you doin' in dere? are you puttin' togedder my pwesent?" (she made me a puzzle for my birthday). c told her that yes, we were putting together the puzzle. "okay, den! when you'we done, make suwe you call me in so I can see it!" I then had to break the news to c that the puzzle was in the kitchen on the island. uh-oh.
a few moments pass, and there's another knock. this time it's rhys. "hey, mama! I have a present for you!" c told him that I was showering and i'd be out soon. his response was EPIC: "oh, that's okay... I'll just stand out here... with her present behind my back... and wait for her... with a smile on my face." we chuckled and she told him that i'd come get him when I was done....... a few moments pass, and we hear him clear his throat. "rhys? are you still out there?" r: "yes, i'm still waiting. but don't worry. I have stella to keep me company, and the smile is still on my face!"
after my, uh, shower, rhys and lu rush in to share their presents with me. priceless.
after my real shower, we all got ready, and went out to breakfast and then bowling.
after one game, it was very apparent that naps were needed, STAT! so, we got home, got everyone cleaned up and into bed. the next thing I knew, two of my little lovelies were on my doorstep, baring fabulous gifts! I was both surprised and humbled! after a short visit, it was decided that they would come back after dinner for cake and ice cream... and wine!
we took the kids to my mom's, where my aunt fed them dinner and took them to the playground, while c whisked me away for a fantabulous birthday dinner. it. was. AMAZING! afterwards, we went and fetched the kids, took them home and bathed them, and my pals came back with more wine! cake, ice cream, and wine was had by all (adults)! c's cake certainly did not disappoint... I was only bummed that I was so stuffed from dinner that I could barely finish my cake!
![]() |
| I went into panic mode when I broke the corkscrew! good think we had others! |
![]() |
I am truly blessed... c made sure that it was an amazing birthday.





















No comments:
Post a Comment