Saturday, July 30, 2016

ramblings

last night, as I was beginning to drift off into dreamland, c disturbed my impending slumber by initiating a conversation...

c: hey? you do know that next week is august, right?
me: mmhmm...
c: what day do the kids start cross country practice?
me: I don't know. I thought you said Tuesday?
c: I think it's Wednesday. didn't you check the app?
me: yes, I did, but there wasn't anything there the last time I checked.
c: well, you know the kids will need water bottles.
me: ......

the next thing I know, c is snoring very loudly in my ear, and I am up making mental lists of things that need to get done/be bought/Christmas lists/grocery shopping lists/I wonder how my dad used to make his zucchini sandwiches thoughts.

so, I just got back from picking up some water bottles for the trio. I also finalized the last of the shopping for that place that shall not be named. I have been searching for purple and pink lanyards everywhere... and today, I tasted victory! well, sort of. I found a purple sparkly lanyard for quinn, and a pink and purple one for lu. i'm sure that they'll argue over them, but I bought what they had... and, it took a lot of self control for me not to buy the taco lanyard for my work id, lol.


before I left, c cooed... "you know... I would really like an iced coconut milk macchiato with extra caramel, just a tall, please. don't forget the extra caramel." this was a good excuse for me to get my delicious iced teavana berry sangria tea. yummmm!!!



other rambling thoughts as of late include, but are not limited to: first day of that place that shall remain nameless outfits (it seems as though c is more concerned about what the girls will be wearing than what the boy child will be wearing. eh, I guess once you hit second grade, it's basically just wear anything clean that sort of matches.); as c was making breakfast this morning, I chuckled at the idea that she doesn't use certain cookware (ie., my cast iron) because of the way they need to be cleaned; and, speaking of cast iron, I have two old pans that need to be stripped and reseasoned (my grandparents' pans- I hope/think they are Griswold); this weekend's dinners will be fish tacos and grilled pork loin chops- but I don't know which day will be which; I really need to make something with that stock in the refrigerator; I really need to reverse vacuum (or whatever it's called) the patio; I really need to hang up the rest of the patio lights; I really need to buy more weed whacker string... ... ...

but I don't want to do the majority of that stuff... because my precious free time is quickly coming to a close. the struggle is real. in a few short weeks, I am actually going to have to shower every morning before the rooster crows. I am actually going to have to pack breakfasts and lunches, instead of leisurely creating whatever strikes our fancy. I am actually going to have to go. back. to. that. place. sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment