like I stated in my previous post, it has been HOT. for realz. today, c let me sleep in, and she and the kids baked homemade blueberry lemon muffins and chocolate zucchini cake. after we breakfasted on the delicious muffins, and I baked a loaf of herbed bread, we got ready to go to rhys' karate picnic at waldameer. let me tell you- the fury of the heat was no joke. in the shade, sitting still, the sweat trickled down our backs, beaded upon our faces, and just plain made it uncomfortable. you know it's hot when the kids don't put up a fight to go home to the solace of the cool of the pool!
thank goodness they enjoyed riding alone today (minus the wacky shack that I went on with them, and the tilt-a-whirl that c went on with them).
![]() |
| so, so HOT!!! |
after spending some time in the deliciousness of the pool, and our cores were cooled, rhys and I ran to the store to finish up shopping for that place that shall not be named. we came home, and I got to work on a veggie-licious dinner! we feasted on fried green tomato grilled cheese sammiches on my homemade herbed bread, summer veggie tian, salad, witch finger grapes, and then chocolate zucchini cake for dessert. after dinner, the kids wanted to go swimming again, so I went with them... while c stood guard of the bathroom (lol, apparently the inundation of veggies made her bowels work overtime!)
![]() |
| almost done!!! |
in other news, c and I have decided to get back to really being more cognizant of what we are eating, and to strive to get more activity in our lives. I can tell ya one thing- this week that activity is coming in the form of the pool!




























I swear your posts always make me hungry!!!! That herb bread looks DELICIOUS!!!! We are done with shopping for that place that shall remain not named ;)
ReplyDeleteahhhh, thank you! it's an easy-peasy recipe! no kneading, no bread machine, I don't even put it in a loaf pan! and as far as that place that shall remain not named- AAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!
Delete