yesterday, we were at a birthday party at waldameer. I had one of those dull, sick feeling, headaches. I had taken something earlier in the day, but it hadn't worked, so, the very real possibility that I was going to have to ride on rides was there. but somewhere, somehow, there was a turn of events. as c was lotioning the kids up, rhys decided that he was going to go on the paratroopers. he can go on this alone. c had the girls, so I staked out a cool niche among the trees next to the ride. the next thing I knew, Quinn was running toward me. "where's wees?", she asked. I told her that he was on the paratrooper, and she expressed interest in wanting to go on. dear lord, I didn't want to go on, so, on a whim, I asked if she'd like to go on with her brother. she agreed, and I shuffled her off to the line with him. he hoisted her up into the seat, and that was that. I was certain that she'd change her mind... but she didn't. after the ride, c and lu appeared- lu had gone on the roller coaster! after finding out that Quinn had gone on the paratrooper, lu decided that she wanted to go on the paratrooper. we told Quinn that it was lu's turn to go on with rhys, and Quinn about lost her mind. I suggested that maybe all three go on at one time, but c thought that only two riders could ride at a time. I pointed out a lady with her two teenage daughters on one of the seats, so, we figured we'd give it a try. as soon as it was their turn to scan their wristbands, rhys started chatting up the ride guy- "hey, i'm going to be the responsible party for these two!" (the sign near the ride stated that if you were under a certain height, that you had to ride with a responsible party). he helped them into their seats, and the three rode off into the sunset.
lately c and I have been having visitors in our bed. round about midnight, we find a little girl crawling into our bed with us. because they are so darn adorable, and because we are exhausted, we comfy them up and fall back asleep. HOWEVER, let the other half of the dynamic duo show up, and c jumps up out of bed and ushers her back to her bed. they are little, but they are bed hogs! anywho, last night, Quinn was the one who snuck into bed. as the sun started peeking through the curtains, a still asleep Quinn stretched, yawned, and yelled out, "DELICIOUS!" I guess you had to have been there, but it was hilarious!
that brings us to breakfast today. all three kids were chomping away, when, all of a sudden, Quinn whispered something to lu. the next thing I knew, the girls were calling rhys a punk, who, in return, simultaneously whined that he wasn't a punk, and that they were the punks. I told them all to knock it off, and, the next person who called someone and unkind name, would find their little bottom in their bedroom until they could figure out how to play the nice game. without missing a beat, lu, with a mischievous grin and a sparkle in her eye, started singing, "punk, punk..." "LYNCOLN!", I yelled... and she continued, with that same smile and sparkle, "punk, punk, punk, punk-SHOOOATION!" the kid beat me at my own game.
we are so in trouble.
















Oh yea, you are screwed. They are ganging up on you now. All down hill from there. But, "I'm the responsible party for these two" yes, that is hilarious!
ReplyDelete