Saturday, March 14, 2015

whadda week!

this past week sure was a doozy! I suffered from a serious lack of sleep (darn daylight savings time), which, in return, made the work week painfully l.o.n.g. each morning, I stumbled to the shower, per usual, but one thing was different...

...on Wednesday, I did my daily groan as I rolled out of bed. except this time was different... I was running late(r). I have to be to work by 7:30 a.m., and, in order to shower, dress, grab lunches and breakfasts from the fridge, take out garbage, and get to work on time, I need to get up by 6:35. my commute is exactly 26 minutes on a good day... so, it is imperative that I don't hit that snooze button any more than 2 times. on Wednesday, I only hit the snooze button twice, but I didn't yield to it's honking warning. somehow, I drifted back into a delicious slumber... and awoke at 6:42. uh-oh. I briefly contemplated not showering, but that quickly became a fleeting thought as I STEPPED IN URINE. pennywenny peed on the floor! by the bed! the following evening, I was exhausted, and, when I came up from the basement, c asked me if I was going to let her out again. I thought that she had just let penny and stella inside, so I told her no, and we all just got ready for bed. before going to the bedroom, I gave penny her heart meds and lasix, and then she went and drank some water. I figured that she didn't drink enough to have to instantly relieve herself, so off to sleep I went. I was wrong. grrrr... so, I hurried up and cleaned the mess up, and then shuffled off to the shower... only to FALL INTO THE SHOWER! I didn't bite it totally... it was more of i put one foot into the shower, which for some reason was slippery, so i slipped and fell into the shower wall, slamming my leg onto the side of the tub. hard. grrrr. i am now sporting a pretty big black and blue mark. on a good note, i made it to work on time.

the rest of the week is kind of a blur... i remember taking the kids and stella to a playground on Thursday... it was a snowy, muddy mess, but i think they had fun.










which brings us to today. the pi day of the century. i had every intention of making blueberry lemon handpies, but the reality of the day is that i bought pie. and then the kids decided that they would rather have cake.



 
the whole week after dst, even the kids seemed to enjoy sleeping. they are usually up before the rooster crows, but we have been having to wake them up for school. i was so excited for lastnight. i was sure that we were going to be able to sleep in. wrong. the boy child came into our room around 3:30 a.m., and then one of the girls decided that she needed a drink of water at 4... i took that opportunity to let the dogs out, thinking that surely we were all going to drift back off to sleep for a few more hours. wrong again. so, c took them to the y to swim, and i went to the bank and to the grocery store, then came home and folded 500 loads of laundry... to which the girls immediately decided to try on every article of clothing that they could get their little paws on.
 

 
my only hope that is that we all get a good nights rest tonight... and a nightcap of a slice of pie. 


1 comment:

  1. OK, I am not going to lie, all I took from this post was you are damn busy and Mmmmm, pie and cake, cake and pie. And cute kids, you have really cute kids.

    ReplyDelete