Thursday, March 5, 2015

flying solo

on any given day, I can be found running the dishwasher at least once... more often than not, twice, a day. not this week, though. c has been in salt lake city for the past week, and, was scheduled to get home late this evening, but, because of delays, she will be spending the night in Chicago, and arriving home late tomorrow afternoon. ugh.

I give mad props to single, working parents. taking care of kids is hard. couple that with working full time... sweet mother of pearl. usually I create healthy, well balanced, delicious meals, but this week has been cray. we left the house at 6:45 a.m. every day, and two of those days we didn't get home until almost 7 p.m. their dinners this week consisted of grilled cheese and soup, chicken tenders/broccoli/noodles, turkey dogs/peas/mac 'n cheese (mind you, we ran out of milk, so i had to get creative here), and one night of fast food. my dinners? one night i had soup... the rest of the time i ate cereal. you may or may not be asking yourself how i ate cereal with no milk. well, luckily we had chocolate milk, and that's what i put in my cereal. i know, i know. I'm not proud. but i am exhausted. working all day and then coming home and doing the job of a small army by myself is no joke.



laundries and dishes are done...

i can't do the girls' hair. they are clean, but man, they are hot messes. thank goodness rhys' hair is zero maintenance...



 
 
I only had one moment of panic when I couldn't recall if I let the dogs in before leaving in the morning...

i find myself listening to this song on repeat... and I'm okay with that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcisk24x_hU

i was supposed to begin cardio this month. i still will, but i have been fo realz tired this week... i did, however, manage to take the trio to the y to sign us up for a family membership (again), and sign them up for soccer. this sounds easy enough, but the whole process (waiting in line, paperwork, etc.) took about 45 minutes. keeping the trio well behaved for that amount of time, when there is literally NOTHING to do, but stand there, is no easy feat.

i need to go grocery shopping. badly.


i got new glasses. not only can i not see out of them, but the one pair, that i can see mostly out of, keep sliding off of my nose. going to the eyeglass place with the trio is out of the question. i thank my lucky stars, that, when i had to run to the target on Tuesday, the kids were really, really good. come to think of it, i should have bought some milk while i was there...



No comments:

Post a Comment