today was finally nice enough for the kids to play outside for a bit. the girls went out first, and, I thought that I had heard crying. this was no big surprise, because lu and q are notorious for clobbering each other. when c looked out, she told me that the girls weren't crying, they were cheering... ... ...
rhys can swing by himself on the swings. so can lyncoln. quinn, on the other hand, always needed pushed. no matter how many times we showed her and explained it to her, she just didn't get it. today, she got it. apparently lyncoln told her how to do it as she showed her, and, voila! we now have three independent swingers!
I find myself mulling over how fast they are growing up. some parts make me happy- we can now resume geocaching, taking daytrips are so much easier, and they can do more chores! and some parts make me sad- no more beebee rocking, no more beebee smells, no more beebee outfits of momma's choice...
and they wonder why, when I snuggle them I am hesitant to let go...
I needed this. Boo "made me" push her on the swing for almost an hour the other day. I thought my arm was going to fall off. I often remind myself, one day, I will miss this. More as a mantra to get me through the day than actual clarification, hahaha! Yay for independent swingers!!!
ReplyDelete