Tuesday, January 6, 2015

parenting fail

crap. there may have been some bad choices made at the h-b homestead this evening... it may or may not have started with me...

"mama! mama! tell us a bedtime story!" so, I obliged. as I began telling them the story about the gunny wolf, their eyes grew wide, and, when the gunny wolf jumped out, lyncoln flew across the room, taking shelter under the table, in tears. uh oh. so I hurried up and told them a silly story to hopefully smooth things over. fast forward to tucking them into bed... I hear c thundering, "fe-fi-fo-fum! here comes the yo-gurt!" (how they say ogre)... it may be a very long night.

if it does end up being a long night, that's okay. for some unknown reason, I cannot fall asleep at night. I toss and turn and turn and toss. however, if I would allow myself the luxury of an afterschool nippy-nap, I guarantee that I could fall asleep in two minutes flat. when I finally do get to sleep, between midnight and 2 am, I usually sleep quite soundly... so soundly that it is painful for me to get up in the morning. this am, c got up to check on lu around 5:30... I inquired about the time, and I was beyond giddy when I realized I had another hour to sleep. I swear that I had just closed my eyes when my alarm went off.

zzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment