it all started this morning; I couldn't concentrate on one thing... I got out of bed and turned the shower on... then I went out and packed rhys' lunch, took stuff out for everyone else's lunches, and started blending smoothies. c asked me if I planned on taking a shower, because, ya know, the water was still running and she would like to enjoy a hot shower, too. oops.
when I finally got my butt to school, I discovered that it was a bit chilly in my room. and, by a bit chilly, i mean it was about 57 degrees in my classroom. and I didn't wear a coat. or socks. I was cold... and, I know that if i was cold, my young charges would be chilly, so I had them wear their coats to class. right after lunch, the temperature hit a balmy 60 degrees... and, I felt the warmth envelope us. the heat didn't kick on until the end of the school day. struggle, people. struggle.
perhaps the highlight of my day came in the form of picky eater rhys. his school is having a healthy eating initiative that encourages the kids to try new foods. tonight's offerings included salsa and avocado egg salad... and he liked them both! he ate the salsa on his quesadilla, and requested avocado egg salad and crackers in his lunch tomorrow. there just may be hope!




He is adorable!
ReplyDelete