I'm not a morning person. I know this about me. I have never been a morning person, and I have always been aware that I wasn't a morning person. because of this, I have no idea why I ever chose teaching as a profession. I despise getting up at o'dark thirty and missing out on delicious sleep and hilarious kidlet conversations. one such conversation happened this morning... ... ...
c and I have been decorating for valentine's day. we have dropped cupid's name here and there, but haven't gone into any kind of detail. this morning, when rhys got up, he asked who cupid was, so c explained that he was sort of an angel of love. apparently this is when Quinn lost her crap... "no, cupid is not the angel of love! cupid is one of santa's reindeer!"... to which, as if on cue, lyncoln started belting out "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer" as her sister had a meltdown. fun times.
when rhys and I got home from school this afternoon, he noticed that a few of our candy cane decorations were knocked down. "mama? normally I would pick the candy canes up, but it's gonna soon be valentine's time and I figure that the love angel would rather see something other than candy canes. he'd probably like to see hearts or something."
obviously, we need to get to valentining up the outside, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment