after work, I picked the boy child up at the sitter's per usual. our 2 minute ride home conversation ensued, and, for some reason, one of the questions I asked rhys was, "If I were to call mrs. g. and ask her about your day, what would she say?" then it all came spilling out... he bought lunch today, and apparently he forgot to get his fruit. I can't quite figure out what happened from there, except that it involved the lunch duty lady thinking that rhys was bossing her around, rhys laughing, and rhys being sent to the quiet table. he insists that he didn't do anything and that he was just misunderstood, but I know better. his behavior chart was on green and we didn't receive a note, so I'm not all that concerned, but it obviously made a lasting impression on him. good.
when c got home, she also had a stern talk with the boy. "how did you feel when you had to sit at the quiet table?" she asked. after pondering this question for a moment, rhys replied, "quiet. i felt quiet." thank goodness i was whipping up a delicious eggplant parmesan, because i could hide my laughter better than she could, as she turned her head to try and stifle hers.
he also received his first report card today.
he did very well. he got all 2's, and only 4 1's... and the 1's had to do with self-control. no big surprise there. the kid is a genius. I know that all parents think that, but seriously, he is a critical thinker. and, he's emotional. which can get him into a bit of trouble. he's not mean; he's just used to being an older brother, and can be, uh, bossy. we're working on it.
c asked me how his report card was from a kindergarten teacher's standpoint. I told her that he did very well and that I had no concerns. that being said, I know our kid. i went over his report card with him, praised him appropriately, and expressed my concerns where he received the 1's. he vowed to do his very best to work on those areas.
as c was busy walking down memory lane, reminiscing about her own report cards, i reminded her that lync and quinn still had kindergarten to conquer, and that she should relish in his glowing marks... heaven help us.




No comments:
Post a Comment