Journey To Om:
the adventures of two mommies, one sweet little boy, darling twin girls, a cockapoo and a double doodle...
Saturday, August 6, 2016
happenings and summber bucket list check off!
oh the whirlwind of happenings that have been happening around these parts!
c and I decided that we were going to get each other, and the kids, kayaks for Christmas. a few weeks ago, I went up to special order them (the store told me that they wouldn't be receiving anymore until September/November), and, low and behold, they had just gotten a shipment and had virtually every color available! I got myself lime green, and I texted c to ask if she would prefer seafoam or purple. she was undecided, but finally chose seafoam (the store and 3 seafoams and 1 purple, so I kept texting and calling to make sure that she was sure). I paid for the kayaks, and they put them in the back until we were ready to pick them up. after work, c had a change of heart... so we went back, hoping the purple was still in stock. it wasn't. I knew that her heart was set on the purple, so, when we went to pick them up yesterday, I told her that we would bring mine home and I would exchange her seafoam for a purple (special order). when I finally got to the cashier, it turned out that they had a purple kayak that wasn't picked up, so they let us take it home! total case of being in the right place at the right time! as soon as we got them home and nestled in the garage, we started tossing around names for our sea vessels. a friend suggested Laverne and Shirley (we both wanted Laverne)... which made us think Thelma and louise (we both wanted Thelma)... and then today happened! as we were driving to kinzua, we played the soundtrack to wicked (and sang every song), while telling the kids the story... and it came to us! allow me to introduce to you...
elphaba and gaylinda (okay, okay, it's galinda- but gaylinda made me chuckle)!
elphaba
galinda
last night, c and I made a last minute decision to take the kids hiking in the Allegheny forest- at jake's rocks and rimrock, to be exact. so, this morning, we got up early, got read, packed up the car, and headed west... or whatever direction the gps told me to go. we made it to kinzua pretty easily (without getting lost), but it took us a minute, and me stopping a ranger cop to ask for directions, to find jake's rocks. the kids LOVED it! they loved climbing and exploring and discovering!
after we left jake's rocks, we legit got lost. as in drove for what seemed like ever in the forest, with no signs to be seen... finally, I found a place to turn around, and c threw some sammiches together for us (we were supposed to have a picky-nicky, but getting lost and all foiled those plans), and we ate while I drove. I got us back to the byway, or whatever it's called, and just drove in the opposite direction... and then... EUREEKA! rimrock was right there! we found the parking area, took the tots to the potty, and then began exploring. sweet mother of pearl, rimrock is no joke! c and I made have rolled our ankles a time or two, but we had a blast... and it whooped our butts! thank goodness it wasn't a sweltering hot day!
our plan was to visit the kinzua skywalk, but after rimrock, we were exhausted, the kids were to the point of instigating and messing with each other, and, we had no clue how to get there. cue the cute little guy on the path who gave us directions. c and I decided that, since we were *already there*, we might as well do it up. except we weren't really already there... about 40 minutes, we became there, and, we were so glad that we did. it was way cool. except c started swerving, and had about 2 minutes in her on the skywalk before she lost her stuff.
on our way home (and there), c and I put on a concert... we waffled between the soundtrack to wicked (which Quinn LOVED... hopefully they will return to Cleveland or buffalo- i'd love to take her!) and indigo girls. there is a snippet of us singing 'popular' from wicked, but it's on c's phone... I will, however, share the indigo girls with y'all.
* go geocaching* swimming * go to waldameer * arcades * hiking * niagara falls * go on a picnic * have a pool party * go on a vacation and stay in a hotel * have a sleepover * go to waterworld * camp in the backyard * eat a sara's sundae * go canoeing and/or kayaking * go to wild turkey * go bowling * kinzua sky walk * go to jake's rocks * panama rocks * watch orange is the new black * go berry picking- strawberry and blueberry * have a summer party- either a luau or christmas in july
No comments:
Post a Comment