Thursday, August 25, 2016

it's beginning to look a lot like school time!

first of all, there ain't no tired like beginning of the school year teacher tired... except end of the school year teacher tired. however, I am going on record and saying that the beginning of the year is worse. much, much worse. the first day of school for a kindergarten teacher is no joke. fo realz. i'm tired, ya'll. straight up k-teacher tired.

perhaps this year is tougher because, well, today the dynamic duo started kindergarten. I've been an emotional wreck lately. I know that when I signed up to be a teacher, it came with certain perimeters... one of them being me missing out on the good stuff... I missed seeing them off to school, and it broke me. I miss concerts held during school hours. I miss holiday parties. it's tough. I know that I get holidays and summers off with them, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like enough.

last night, the girls listened to "the kissing hand" on the ipad, because I left the book at school. then I read them a few other beginning of kindergarten books, we packed up their backpacks, laid out their clothes, and shuffled them off to bed. and then it began. first lu came back out. we finally got her back to bed, and then it was q's turn. this went on for awhile. we knew that they needed their sleep, or else they would be cranky beasts in the morning. sometime during the night, q joined us in bed. we weren't surprised. i'm guessing their nerves got the better of them. tonight, however, they went right to bed and right to sleep. kudos, kindergarten teachers... kudos!






 this morning, I showered them all with kisses, wished them happy thoughts, and trotted off to my first day with kiddos. c sent me pictures, which made me cry. I really didn't have time to wallow today, but after school got me again. I went and got permission to leave before the busses left, in hopes to make it on time to get them off the bus. I made it.





















all three had good days. I think that rhys had the best day (he's over the moon excited about having science this year)... lu got into a bit of trouble (it was my fault- I put her towel in her backpack, and she wanted to use it during rest time. her teacher has them put their heads down at their table, so she told lu no, and lu pouted. the towel is now out of her bag.) q was a bundle of nerves, but was easily consoled.

my babies... i'm so very proud of them.

1 comment:

  1. Kindergarten? No way!!!! Love the post bus ride home pics. They are like, "I made it, no applause needed!" Lol! Kindergarten teachers do have it rough. We send in fresh coffee for our local school's kindergarten teak on the first day :)

    ReplyDelete