Monday, June 20, 2016

2016 summer bucket list

i think that it's about time that I get around to posting our 2016 summer bucket list... I almost blogged it last night, except, well, sangria and orange is the new black beckoned me... and, we all know that crazy eyes has captured my heart. priorities, people... priorities.

anywho... how apropos that I am writing about our summer bucket list on the first day of summer?!?! yeah, yeah- i'm on summer break, and the world is my oyster- but my sweet days of freedom are flying by! a girl could get used to this! unfortunately, my days of wine and roses, or in my case, just rhys and me, are going to come to a close. the girls are finished with pre-k at the end of june. this means that come july, it will be 3 against me. and, in case you're wondering, those are not good odds. one-on-one, our kids are actually quite delightful. they can be reasoned with and swayed to do whatever strikes my fancy. two-on-one gets a little hairy, depending on the two together. three-on-one? forgetaboutit! ensue the nonstop instigating and arguing and disagreeing. I don't stand a chance. case in point: yesterday, we were all out doing yardwork. c was driving the lawnmower around while I was weed whacking and blowing the patio free of debris. the kids were in charge of putting the outside toys away and basically just staying out of the line of the mower and blower. so they were to be playing- just playing. c finished mowing before I finished blowing... as I was wiping the sweat from my brow, and was getting ready to water my herbs, she came storming toward me and asked me if I knew what my daughter was just caught doing... when I inquired about which daughter, and she told me lyncoln, so many thoughts filled my mind, but, since she wasn't running with her to the car or calling the ambulance, I assumed that she hadn't broken a limb, so I bit: "what did she do?" it was at this point that she whipped out her phone and showed me a picture. a picture of a very proud lu, who had just slathered herself with "sunscream" and then decided to feast on a snack of homemade chocolate doughnuts and homemade chocolate frosting IN OUR BED. i'm in trouble, people. big trouble.


but I digress...

here is our 2016 summer bucket list. for the most part.

* go geocaching
* swimming
* go to waldameer
* arcades
* hiking
* niagara falls
* go on a picnic
* have a pool party
* go on a vacation and stay in a hotel
* have a sleepover
* go to waterworld
* camp in the backyard
* eat a sara's sundae
* go canoeing and/or kayaking
* go to wild turkey
* go bowling
* kinzua sky walk
* go to jake's rocks
* panama rocks
* watch orange is the new black
* go berry picking- strawberry and blueberry
* have a summer party- either a luau or christmas in july

i'm pretty sure that there will be more to add, but this is what we have thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment