Sunday, April 17, 2016

springing up

I despise yardwork. there is absolutely nothing appealing about it to me. dirt and weeds just aren't my thing. with this in mind, c got me out of bed to haul summer stuff out of the shed and put the snowblower away. yuck.

after the shed stuff was done, we tackled rearranging the patio furniture. we're not sure about the arrangement... time will tell.

adirondacks, fire pit, and water guns, oh my!


we shall see how the new arrangement works. pennywenny was our foredog.
after the yard stuff was done, c allowed me to partake in some delicious nourishment- taco salad and iced green tea sure hit the spot! the kids ate turkey dogs, and then feasted on some black bean brownies (blech). c was inspired by our visit to the juice jar yesterday. I did not share her vision.

taco salad and iced green tea- YES!

black bean brownies- NO!


juice flight!

the lemon bar and the bean brownie got c's mind a'twirlin'!
while c took the girls to get their dance photos, the boy child and I readied the pantry for the co-op's bulk sale. I am ridiculously excited about this! then, I began dinner... when c got home, she exclaimed, "oh my! i'm so happy that that smell is coming from our house!"

these girls!

the pantry is ready!

bacon + leeks = deliciousness!

serve it atop whole wheat ravioli = magical!
the whole weekend was just amazing. summer needs to get here stat, so that I can enjoy the bounty of moseying through life.
















... plus the out of doors isn't going to gnome itself up!






No comments:

Post a Comment