today is my last day of summer vacation. I can't believe it. I'm in denial. didn't summer break just start? I swear I'm too pretty to have to go back.
so there's that.
the next on my list? well, on Friday, we took lu to get her cast. her waterproof cast. her waterproof cast that we waited a week for because they didn't have them at the hospital. she was so excited to get the cast so that she could go swimming again.
we picked our girl up from pre-k, and took her to the ortho's office. after having her photo taken, it wasn't long before we were ushered back to the casting room. we didn't know what to expect, because, had she been casted the previous week, she would have been taken to the or and put under. turns out, it took them about 10 minutes to cast her... but then there were x-rays, and we had to wait for those results. but I digress...
lu was a trooper. she smiled almost the whole time... she was bound and determined to get a white cast, but after c explained that it would get dirty and she wouldn't be able to see everyone's autographs and pictures, she quickly changed her mind.
so, of course the next week or two are going to be melty hot, and she is unable to go into the cool of the pool.
so there's that.
as with anything, where there are negatives, there are positives.
yesterday, the kidlets went kayaking for the first time and had a blast!
today, was the annual tot trot, and all three kids did a fantastic job! after all of the age group races, rhys even ran the final race with the bigger kids! awesome!
to round off this day, rhys was invited to go with his buddy to the peak for some swimming and putt putt fun!
when the boy child got home, we ate dinner, then went swimming (we bought lu a cast cover, and c and I took turns carrying her around the pool)... c bathed the kids, we watched team umizoomi, tucked their sweet little faces in, and are now enjoying a glass, or six, of wine... and I'm trying to talk myself out of going to get some ice cream.
























The back and forth indecisiveness about her arm is ridiculous! If the doctor says ok, what exactly is the problem?!?! I'm glad she is getting to enjoy some summer fun and that this post ended with wine ;)
ReplyDelete