I admire this boy so much. he takes on life with such gusto and enthusiasm. he never seems to get nervous in new situations, although I know that he does, he deals with it like a champ.
last night, I finally got around to labeling his supplies. I also had to get back into the habit of packing breakfasts and 5 lunches. this back to school thing is kicking my butt. apparently, rhys was tired before he has even started... when c tucked him in, he told her that we were going to have to start putting him to bed earlier so that he could get enough sleep for first grade. where did this kid come from?!?!
as per usual, I missed his first departure, but c sent me pics of our boy after he got ready for school. the plan was for c to put him on his bus, but he sweet talked her into taking him to school. she snapped a couple of pics, and then took Quinn to pre-k, so that she and lu could make it to lu's ortho appointment on time... and surprise, today lu's full arm cast got switched to a regular watercast!
even though I didn't get to see our boy off to school, I did get out of work on time to pick him up from the bus. as I rolled up, i saw that c and the girls also got out early to greet our mr. first grader. lu was especially happy to see her brother as she showered him with hugs. when asked how he liked first grade, he said, "fine. it's hot. can we go swimming?" so, swimming we went!
it's going to be a great year!











No comments:
Post a Comment