a few months ago, I heard about this thing, dietbet. I didn't really pay too much mind to it, cause I wasn't about to give my monies to folks I didn't know. fast forward to last week, when, on facebook, it was brought to my attention that jen widerstrom, one of the new trainers on the biggest loser, was hosting a dietbet. I ran it by the lunch bunch, and we decided to give it a go!
the "buy-in" is $30... BUT, if you lose 4% of your weight, you keep your $, and split the pot of the money of folks who didn't lose their 4%. the last time I checked, there was over $26,000 in the pot! it's a legit thang (I did my research)... the game is from april 21-may 18th, but I already submitted my photos (you have to submit photos of you on a scale and a shot of the scale with your readout... you are sent a code word that has to be in the pics... once you sign up, you get your code word. you can make your pics private, and nobody, except the dietbet judges, can see anything)... it just sounds like a kick in the pants to get healthier.
I have no intention on losing my 30 bonez. c told me that if she was going to do it, then I had to figure out ways to satisfy her sweet tooth... so, as I was prepping snacks, I whipped up a lighter version of a frozen peanut butter pie.
here we gooooooo!!!


I participated in a friendly version of this a couple years ago and won the pot for being the biggest loser!!!! It really helped with accountability and motivation. Good luck! Kick that scale's ass!
ReplyDelete