Friday, October 28, 2016

chalita

early this morning, my mom, my chalita, decided that enough was enough, and made her transition peacefully. she chose a gorgeous day to break free from all of her pain. my heart is broken, but my spirit is at peace.

there was nothing that she loved more than her family. my brother and I could do no wrong in her eyes... and her grandbabies? forgetaboutit. the love that she had for these four children was the epitome of unconditional love. she was their grammy, and they were her world.

holidays. I think that I got my love of holidays from my mom. she always made sure that each detail was attended to... I think that I will miss the cards that she sent the kids every. single. holiday. with a couple dollars in each, the most. I would make them wait until the actual holiday to open them, much to her dismay. "let them open them, maggie mawonies! and then let me talk to my grandbabies."

christian and rhys were her boys. gosh, she loved her boys. "mags? they are good boys. they help me so much." lyncoln and quinn provided her a neverending source of laughter... "oh, sheela... what are you going to do with those two?!" as she belly laughed at their antics.

the sun is shining so brightly. and, even though I know that she is no longer in any pain, my world is so much dimmer right now.


2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss. It doesn't get easier, I want to say honestly, it becomes different but never easier. Carry her with you. She is still there, I promise.

    ReplyDelete