Monday, September 5, 2016

wonderful weekend

well, it goes without saying that we are back into the hustle and bustle of school and work and extracurricular activities. I miss my lackadaisical time, when we would float throughout our days, playing in the pool, staying in our jammies, napping, and just plain having fun. truth be told, my class seems pretty good this year... the issues are that I am just not a morning person, and the a/c is broken in our wing of the building... so it has been HOT. for real HOT. hot as in 90 degrees when I show up in the morning hot. and, if you know anything at all about me, you know that I don't like to be hot. but, we trudge along, and do what we need to do.

hotter than satan's toenails!
the kids seem to be adjusting well... well, as well as could be expected. the girls should start bringing home homework this week, so we shall see how this pans out. all three of the kidlets are already over cross country, and they still have 2 months left of it. heaven help us.

this past weekend has been fantabulous! it has been reminiscent of summer days past. yesterday, we day tripped it to bemus point, and feasted on Italian nachos. I was pretty sure that we weren't going to make it there this year, but, when we decided to go to the fall fest in findley lake, it seemed only right that we stop for lunch at the Italian fisherman first. the table beside us ordered two plates of the nachos. apparently they have never experienced the monstrosity of the Italian nachos... when ours were brought out, you could just hear everyone ooh and aah and wonder aloud what in the world they were going to do with two orders of these things. there were five of us, and we couldn't finish our order.
and we're off!

timbits for breakfast? yes, please!




WHOA!





stick a fork in us... we're done!

after lunch, we went to the fall fest, and drank fresh squeezed lemonade, ate kettle corn, the kids played in the bounce houses, and we bought wine. it was so much fun!




the kettle corn bag was almost as big as her!

my babies


it's pumpkin spice frappucino time!

now that we are all back to a pretty strict schedule, I have resumed pinteresting and thinking about crockpot and pressure cooker meals... because after spending the day in the rainforest of my classroom with 24 sweaty little people, I am spent when I get home.

2 ingredient pumpkin brownies!

we rounded up our weekend today by visiting grammy, going to see pepaw, and then swimming in the very cool of the pool!


to say that I am looking forward to the crisp and cool weather of autumn would be an understatement! now that my knee is starting to feel better (knock on wood!), hopefully we will be able to go hiking more often! this week, however, has predictions of temps in the mid to high 80's... which is why c hasn't closed the pool up. sweet mother of pearl, it's gonna be toasty! good thing that we have wine to make frozen slushies and sangria!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment