yesterday, we took the kids to an easter egg hunt at the harley davidson shop. the kids are at the stage where they still believe in the easter bunny, but they are very observant of the furry fellow... when the main bunny showed up, the kids flocked to high five him and give him a hug. lyncoln came back to c and said, not too quietly, "hey, mommy? I don't think that's the real eastah bunny! his eyes are NETS! and he's wearing SHOES!" these minor details didn't stop her from enjoying the hunt, however.
before going to the egg hunt, we colored eggs. this was pretty low key, and, these days, we are enjoying low key!
BUSTED! As we helped the bunny, and hid the final basket, we heard an awfully close sneeze... I was hoping with all of my hoping might that it was penny sneezing...
Me: oh no! Who was that?
C: it doesn't matter who it was- we're busted!
Me: quinn! Go to bed or the bunny will hop on by our house....
Q: I just want a drank of water.
Me: no water. Go to bed.
C: I told her.
Me: you told her what?
C: I told her that I put the bunny feet down.
Me: you just ruined easter.
C: I know. I choked.
Me: now it's up to me to restore the magic in the morning!
after all of the festivities, we watched "hop", and then went to my mom's for baskets and easter lunch. when we came home, c got all nutty and cleaned the garage. I feel as though I did my part by hanging up the pretties on the patio, and putting the cushions on the patio furniture. it may not have been as initiative- driven as cleaning the garage, but I also grilled dinner (salmon, chrimps, fresh green beans, and wild rice), unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and did laundries. I am, after all, still on break!
c and I have also done our share of relaxing during my spring break...

















































No comments:
Post a Comment