last weekend we decorated and consumed pie and wine. thanks to my pal, ashley-a, pie and wine is the new in-thing. when she first told me about her pastry and wine pairing after a rather trying day at work, I was skeptical. and then, I couldn't get it out of my mind. truth be told, it is the absolute perfect pairing!
last weekend also found us at our favorite cider mill, enjoying the atmosphere and delicacies. c loves their bacon topped maple glazed cream filled doughnuts. I prefer mine sans bacon.
this weekend was a busy one! rhys had a cross country meet yesterday morning. we then decided to go to a pumpkin patch, but it didn't open for a bit, so we took a little jaunt to the apple orchard next door and picked some yummy cortlands.
today, all of those apples were put to good use in the form of apple pie, apple bundt cake, apple fritters, and apple butter!
next week's plans are already in the works: panama rocks and/or jake's rocks, pumpkintown, and, perhaps port farms. I need a lot less week and a lot more weekend!!!




























Fall IS the best time of the year! Love the new header picture. So adorable and festive. That pumpkin patch and orchard look amazing. Ours is mediocre comparatively. That corn bin is HUGE and looks like is much fun. I swear every time I come to this blog I want to try whatever food you showcase. Not good for my diet. Yummmm, apple fritters!
ReplyDelete