Monday, October 21, 2013

mistaken

one of my favorite things to do is cook. I love it. I love experimenting and creating scrumptious delicacies. I believe that it is my secret calling to be on chopped and top chef and the next food network star. I already have my 'hook'... the title of my show would be 'something out of nothing.' the premise of my show would be to use whatever odds and ends one may have to create a healthy and yummilicious meal. but I digress...

during the day, I poll others on what they will be having for dinner, while daydreaming of being in my own kitchen whipping up something terrific. today, I was trying to decide between homemade broccoli cheese soup, served with a crusty Tuscan garlic bread, or bacon turkey cheeseburgers, served with fries. c's vote was burgers, so the soup will have to wait until Wednesday.

since we didn't grocery shop this past weekend, I had to run to the wegmans to pick up a few staples, as well as the fixin's for a pumpkin dump cake, or two, for work. after school, I embarked on the all-too-familiar jaunt to my favorite supermarket, making a quick call to c to see if she had any special requests. as I approached the magical wegmans doors, I realized that I had left my wallet at home. drat. so, home I went, to let the pooches out and to grab my wallet. on my way out, I snatched up one of c's yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and happily munched on it as I made my way to the car... however, as I was slipping my feets into my crocs, I felt something fall. upon inspection, I realized that it was a chocolate chip, that had landed in one of c's sneakers. drat again. I picked the chip up, and may have briefly contemplated eating it, before tossing it away.

when I finally got to the wegmans, I spent a glorious almost-45 minutes meandering around the aisles, trying to figure out what we needed to get us through the week, and what I needed to make my dump cakes (yes, I know... the name is not at all appetizing, but they are AMAZING!)... any who, after my groceries were collected, I went to check out... the nice young girl scanned my items, and, as I handed her my card to pay, I saw her look at me strangely. I couldn't figure out what she was staring at... was it my charter shirt? my ring? no, people. it was the chocolate smudge on my fingers that didn't look like chocolate. she. thought. that. I. had. crap. on. my. hands! I guess today I gave a whole new meaning to the term dump cake ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment