Saturday, October 26, 2013

jack o'lanterns!

on this eve of our sixth wedding anniversary, c and I couldn't think of a better way to spend our time than to carve jack o'lanterns with our little ghouls. after dinner, we stripped the kidlets down, and they promptly got to work drawing what they wanted their jack o'lanterns to look like.









rhys wanted a scary mike wazowski. c and I were quite impressed with his rendition of the character, and c brought his dream to life!

 
 


lyncoln, who takes her art very seriously, wanted a jack o'lantern with a happy face.



and then there is quinnie, who wanted a spooky jack o'lantern.


after their drawings were complete, we let 'em loose with spoons, and they went to work hollowing out their pumpkins. all during the jack o'lantern extravaganza, they discussed how the great pumpkin was going to visit them and bring them lots of toys. poor kids are going to be sorely disappointed...











after cleaning up, we got cleaned up, poured some apple cider, and watched "it's the great pumpkin, charlie brown", for the 550th time.



when the wee ones were all tucked in, c and I went to work to make their pumpkin dreams come true. I carved out lu and q's jack o'lanterns in a record five minutes, while c took a tad bit longer bringing rhys' mike wazowski to life.




it was a great anniversary eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment