I am a rule follower. c is not. the rules explicitly stated that, if you were going to have strollers, to start at the end of the pack. I was fine with that. c was not. but I prevailed, and, finally, it was our turn to head out. what we did not realize was that our course was partially off road. this would have been fine had we not been pushing 60 lbs of children in a broken-slightly-better-than-an-umbrella-stroller stroller. sweet mother of pearl that was tough.
other than the broken stroller and broken body parts, things were going well... until my knee started to pulsate with a stabbing sensation. I took a drink of water, which, paired with the pain in my knee, made me want to hurl. but I kept on keeping on, and, we eventually made our way past the finish line. I told the girls that they could run once we saw the balloons, but, lu fell, so I scooped her up, and we ended our race with her on my shoulders.
after playing on the playground for a bit, we went to get a little breakfast and a lot of pain relievers. when it was finally naptime, c and I assumed the position in our bed. the sounds of sheer ecstasy rang out very loudly from our bedroom... until I realized that our windows were open and our neighbor was out mowing... I'm not sure that he'd understand the moans coming from two girls as they rubbed each other's feets after their 5k.
it is night time now, and c has done LOST. HER. MIND!!! as we are sitting here, all broken up from today (pushing a 60 lb broken stroller in the dirt and rocks is HARD! walking a 5k with a broken back and knee is HARD! but. we. did. it.) any who... her grand idea, as we are moaning and groaning about our aches and pains... "I think that our goal for next year should be to do the half marathon!" WHAAAAAAAATT???




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment