Friday, June 26, 2015

love wins

I don't even know where or how to begin this post. I am just so, so happy.

8 years ago in may, c and I ran away to Canada to marry. they recognized our love and our right to be joined together in love. 8 years ago in October, c and I donned our gay apparel, and vowed our love to one another in front of our family and friends. legal, it was not, because our own country did not recognize our love... but we partied it up, anyway, and we had the most touching ceremony and the funnest reception... EVER.



 

 
8 years ago, we honeymooned in the finger lakes. we were goofy and silly and just wanted to be us... the us who was in love with each other. on Wednesday, we ventured back to the finger lakes for the first time since our honeymoon. we visited many of the same places- ithaca bakery, watkins glen, taughannock falls, wineries, the commons... most, if not all of those places had changed- some drastically, some subtly... on our way home, we heard the news...

America had drastically changed...

no longer will couples who are in committed, loving relationships have to venture away from their home state to marry... today, love wins.



1 comment:

  1. Heck yes, LOVE WINS!!!!! Great post and LOVE all the pics of you two through the years and different "marriages" lol

    ReplyDelete