Tuesday, September 2, 2014

1st day of kindergarten

today our sweet boy began his formal educational career. c took him to the bus stop, snapped the obligatory photos, followed the bus to school, and snapped some more pics... only to be greeted by an exasperated, "NOOOOO!!! mommy, don't come in!" she finally got him to let her follow him in (from a distance). as she left him, he was obviously nervous, fidgeting with his pencil box, but being a brave boy.
 
during the day, I kept wondering how he was doing... what he was doing... was he having fun? was he behaving? was he making friends? did his teacher see the radiant sparkle in his personality? i couldn't wait to get to his bus stop and bombard him with questions.
 
when his bus finally came, our boy was the first one off. we asked him how his day was, and for the first time ever, he was speechless... as in he wouldn't talk. we asked open ended questions- nothing. he just kind of slumped into his seat. uh oh. I asked him if he got into trouble, and he said, "no, mama. I stayed on green." I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, and he said, "none of it." he was, however, impressed that his thermos had kept his mac and cheese and hot dog warm :)
 
I think that once he learns the new rules and routines and personalities of everyone, he will love kindergarten, more or less. everything is unfamiliar, and that is hard, even for a kid who takes on life with such gusto.
 
we are very proud of the confident boy that he is... first day down, rhysie-o... bravo!
 
 
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment